Phase 4 Update (June 24th, 2020)
Dear Salon Fusion Guests,
We are excited to announce that The State of Illinois is moving on to Phase 4, and we will be extending the services that we currently offer.With the new guidelines (as of Friday, June 26th), we will be able to shampoo, blow-dry and offer keratin treatments, along with complimentary bang trims.Please continue to call us once you have arrived for your appointment to allow you in the salon as the doors will be locked.
Our guests and employees’ safety is our biggest priority, so please continue to wear a face mask that secures behind the ears, and limit personal belongings to essentials, such as phone, keys and wallet. We continue to ask that you practice safe social distancing once you have entered the salon.
We thank you for your continued patience and support during this time.
For the complete list of guidelines, please read below:
Dear Salon Fusion Guests,
We are excited to announce that we will be reopening our doors on Friday, May 29th, and cannot wait to see you. In preparation for our return, we will be using EPA approved products, and our staff will undergo one on one training to ensure the safety of our guests and staff. These changes will remain in effect until the CDC deems it safe to relax such protocols. We wanted to give you an idea of what to expect!
At Salon Fusion Hair|Body|Mind, we have always followed the strictest sanitation and sterilization guidelines, however we will be making additional changes to enhance our guests and team’s safety upon return. Therefore, at the beginning and end of each day, we will be spraying and sanitizing the salon with a Microban 24hr spray that continues disinfecting the surfaces even after multiple touches. Before sitting at a station, your artist will disinfect the area in front of you, along with their tools. Our staff has completed two certificates from Barbicide, the industry’s leading company since 1949 for practicing infection control, along with cleaning and disinfecting salon and day spa as directed by the state of Illinois. These certificates include Barbicide’s proper sanitation and disinfection of the new practices and procedures with the current highest industry standards along with COVID-19 certification. Lastly, we are following all AIHA guidelines for hair salons and day spas to ensure our employees’ safety and yours. Face shields will be worn only at the guest’s or artist’s request.
We will continue curbside pickup for products and gift certificates, should you need them.
- When calling to confirm your appointments, we will be asking the following questions:
- Have you traveled in the last 14 days?
- Have you had a temperature over 99* in the last 14 days?
- Do you have a cough, or generally not feeling well?
- Have you or anyone you live with been quarantined due to COVID-19 in the last two weeks?
- If you have answered yes to ANY of these we will reschedule your existing appointment to a later date.
- You must be willing to sign a terms and conditions agreement acknowledging these are our new safety measures.
Safety Measures and Procedures when you arrive
- Our door will be locked, and you will need to text us when you have arrived.
- Only guests that have an appointment will be allowed into the salon.
- If your child is getting a haircut, you will be asked to wait outside.
- Upon entering, each guest as well as employees, will be required to wear a face mask before entering our salon. We will be taking the temperatures of employees and guests upon entering into the salon. All guests and employees will be required to sanitize hands after temperatures are taken, which will be provided by Salon Fusion. Employees will be sanitizing their hands before and after servicing each guest. Each artist’s station will be wiped clean with an EPA disinfectant before your service. The entire salon will be wiped throughout the day. Hand sanitizers will be available for use at the front desk and throughout the salon.
- Face masks should secure behind the ears and cover the nose and mouth, to allow staff to properly cut/color their hair. Masks will be worn for the entirety time of your visit to the salon, and will be held during your shampoo service. We will also be providing a sanitized face shield for face coverage during your shampoo service which will be ONLY after a color service. You will not receive a shampoo service prior to a haircut, so please come in with your hair already washed. (You may arrive with clean dry or damp hair)
- All capes will be freshly washed and dried on high heat (we will not reuse capes)
- All Shampoo bowls will be sanitized in front of every guest before seated.
- Due to the increased heat from wearing face masks the AC will be lowered, so we ask that you dress accordingly as the salon will be colder. As much as we want to catch up, we ask that all conversations be limited to consultations only. Our staff appreciates your consideration in their comfort.
- Should you forget to bring a face mask we will provide one for you at the cost of $2 If you decline to purchase one and do not have your own we will not be able to service you as our number one goal is to keep you and our staff safe.
- Please practice safe social distancing in all areas of the salon. Our products will be available for you to purchase, however, we ask that in these open product areas, you continue to practice social distancing, and ask a member of the front desk to get you the desired product.
- All product sold between as of March 1st, 2020 through July 31st, 2020 will be non-refundable. We will not be offering any returns and exchanges during this time, due to contamination.
- Please limit personal belongings upon entrance into the salon. Keys, credit cards, small wallet, phone/tablet/laptop are welcome. We ask that you leave large bags and purses at home or in your car during your services. Our staff is also following this policy, they are only allowed to bring into the salon what is necessary for their work day.
- We may be asking you to wait in your car until your artist is available. To stay compliant with capacity guidelines, anyone aside from clients here for a service will not be permitted entry into the salon. The front desk is only for checking in and checking out. All scheduling will be done via phone call.
- We will also be giving each guest an individually wrapped and sanitized Salon Fusion pen for you to use. After you are done using the pen, you may leave it in the recycle bin or you may keep it.
- Please refrain from bringing staff any food, treats or gifts. We are grateful for you to be thinking of us, however, we are asking that both staff and guests refrain from any shared items, including food, snacks, and beverages. During this time, we will not be offering any refreshments.
- We know it is unprecedented, but we ask if possible to please refrain from using the restroom unless you absolutely have to. EPA approved cleaning supplies will be available for you to sanitize the area yourself.
- We will not be providing any magazines or reading materials for guests. Please do not bring any magazines or books from home as well. Kindles, tablets and phones for reading materials are welcome, as they can be properly disinfected and stored in your lap during your visit.
- There are a few other advantages that most salons do not have the luxury, of which are:
- All stations are 6 feet apart
- High ceilings along with an exhaust fan that is always ON
- Open floor plan, so no clutter or close guest’s contact.
- Humidity level at 40%-60%.
Service and Pricing Changes
- During our first phase of reopening, we will not be offering any blow dry services or keratin treatments.
- To accommodate for the amount of guest outgrowth, there will be an extra color charge to our Single Process color, depending on the amount of hair. This change will reflect the increased amount of color product that our staff will need to use due to the increased length of time in-between services.
- There will be no hairline services provided to our guests at this time, as it’s been too long in between services.
- We will not be trimming/coloring beards/mustaches at this time.
- We will be scheduling additional 15min per color service
- Guests please allow additional 30min per visit.
- During this time, we will only be offering the Kerastase Fusio Dose Instant Treatments, with no massage included. Our pricing will remain the same at $25 per treatment.
Any guest that does not call to cancel an appointment will be charged the full amount of service. Reminder emails will continue to be sent two days prior to service and confirmation phone calls will be made one day prior to service.
We are excited to deliver the Salon Fusion Hair|Body|Mind quality services that we always have, while providing the safest, most efficient environment possible to both our guests and employees. We thank you for your cooperation in following these guidelines to keep everyone safe and healthy and are looking forward to seeing you soon!
Giuseppe, Dmitriy and the Salon Fusion Team.
847 – 920 – 9500
©2019 Salon Fusion Ltd logo and other trademarks and
logos used in this email are owned or licensed by Salon Fusion Ltd.
All rights reserved.